How to Host a Food Drive
Hosting a food drive is a great way to help out your local Food Bank. Review the steps below and if you need additional help, don't hesistate to reach out!
Pick a Timeframe
Set an Attainable Goal
Gather the Proper Supplies
Fun Food Drive Ideas
Now that you have all the logistics figured out, start thinking about ways to make your food drive fun!
- Create a theme
- Host a kickoff event
- Offer incentives to customers
- Consider setting up a match system
- Start some friendly competition
- Make sure you deliver
- Set up a virtual food drive
- Make donating convenient
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Packaged pasta & rice
- Pure fruit & vegetable juices
- Peanut butter
- Canned meats & stews
- Canned tuna
- Baby food, cereal, & formula (must be within code date)
- Canned & dried beans
For more information, call the Wiregrass Food Bank at 334-794-9775 or submit our contact form using the button below and someone will contact you soon!